life is a series of adventures, not one great one. here's where the energy of my Renaissance Soul lies at the moment...
Teaching English in Hanoi, Vietnam

March 31, 2010

Old Friends and New Jobs



Heya Folks,

Apologies for a late posting to the blog this week. My computer is having a few issues just lately and could, I fear, be on its last legs. However, I know of a few techies here who could help, so all is not lost yet.
Also this week, I have had an old friend staying, Jill, from Australia. She was a fellow i-to-i volunteer here back in 2007, and was tempted back on hearing that I, and fellow i-to-i-ers Paul and Paschal, were all in Hanoi. What a strange and pleasing mix of circumstance and co-incidence that led us back together. I have had a fantastic week catching up with her and the others, and do rather miss her now that she is on her way back to Australia.


On returning from Cambodia, I set myself to the task of actually earning some money here, to replenish my rapidly-depleting stocks. I had a few job leads to chase up, of varying qualities and seriousness. Since then, I have begun some private tutoring with the son of a neighbour here on Quan Thanh street, which has been FAB fun. The student, Hung, is very intelligent and enthusiastic, so the lessons hardly feel like work at all! I am also picking up random paid lessons at various places around Hanoi, which means I spend quite alot of time travelling here and there around the city. This can be tedious and time-consuming (and expensive), but necessary!

Thats All from Me!
take care

SarahHeadsEast xx

1 comment:

Jill said...

OMGoodness. Whatalota friends!! Lucky you.
Love,
Mother xx