life is a series of adventures, not one great one. here's where the energy of my Renaissance Soul lies at the moment...
Teaching English in Hanoi, Vietnam

July 28, 2010

100% CAT

Heya Folks,
Just when I thought I had exhausted all the cafes, coffee shops, bakeries and other caffeine stops in Hanoi, along comes this. The Ailu Cat Cafe. The Ailu is short for 'I love'; as in 'I love cats'.

Thankfully the cats are not ON the menu, but on the cushions, under the tables and asleep in the shoe rack. They have 20, yes thats TWENTY, cats and kittens of varying sizes, shapes, ages and colours dotted around the cafe. If you stay still long enough they come and sleep in your lap, this morning I had the fortune to share my lap with teeny black, white and tabby kittens. There are also huge, fat, western type cats which keep their distance, but nevertheless are very cute. Of course its not a patch on the likes of Tashi, BK, Willow, Aakash, Tilly, Gizmo and dare I say it, Poj, but its a damn good substitute. Needless to say I love it here. I've been three times in three days, I've heard every track on their CD loop several times. If it wasnt for the fact that they closed at 10pm I would have moved in by now.
The meeting of Cats and Coffee. Is there anything finer?

SarahHeadsEast xx

1 comment:

Jill said...

I HAVE to live somewhere called cat alley>!!!!
Cats and coffee. Nowt finer. Love it!!