life is a series of adventures, not one great one. here's where the energy of my Renaissance Soul lies at the moment...
Teaching English in Hanoi, Vietnam

August 30, 2010

Raven Departs...

Heya Folks,
This evening I dashed off after work, beat through the rush-hour traffic and raced (safely) to the airport to wave off my very dear friend Raven as she set off for an amazing adventure working in the Philippines! What a Happy and Sad occasion it was. I met Raven and co through fellow volunteer Emma back in January, and can honestly say they collectively transformed my Hanoi experience for the better! Never have I met a more fun, sweet, genuine, friendly and intelligent bunch of young people. Together we have enjoyed sunday night laughs at the English club, holidays in Cat Ba and Ninh Binh, and countless other lunches, coffees, kariokes and dinners over the last 8 months.
I'm sad to see Raven leave, of course, but more than that, I'm excited for her as she sets off on the unbelieveably amazing, transforming, surprising, character-building and all-round awesome jouney of *Living Abroad*. I remember all too well the excitement of getting on a plane and heading to a faraway land, the feeling of taking a risk and being couragious. I KNOW she will have an amazing time, and I wish her the best of luck.In my experience, the universe has a way of MakingThingsSo, so I have a distinct suspicion this is not the last time our paths will cross...

SarahHeadsEast xx

1 comment:

Jill said...

love your friends name. A friend somewhere yet to be explored by you. Future info and a trip perhaps. Picked out her mother... hugs xx
PS searched the backdrop... an airport!! exciting!!! Me too me too please xx