life is a series of adventures, not one great one. here's where the energy of my Renaissance Soul lies at the moment...
Teaching English in Hanoi, Vietnam

December 10, 2009

a list of sorts

(thanks for the idea Mum)

* I love the traffic noise
* I love the sounds of the school next door waking me up in the morning
* I love telling people that I live here
* I love knowing how to suss out the traffic and cross the road
* I love fuzzy foreign TV channels
* I love kitschy Asian supermarkets
* I love taking Xe Oms
* I love haggling for everything
* I love the foreign banknotes in my purse
* I love the healthy food
* I love trying to speak the local language
* I love that I know my way around
* I love that I have a job here
* I love not understanding the street signs
* I love the foreigness of it all
* I love when a lesson I teach goes well
* I love Asia

SarahHeadsEast xxx

2 comments:

Jill said...

Dear Katie,
Love the list. And there is so much more of Asia to see and love,
Don't you just love the chat with the hawkers too. They recognise and old hand when they meet one. Fair cop.
Mother

Jill said...

Oh... and HBO out of synch (the ONLY way to watch a film) and those bizarre english subtitles which 'clean up' the language...