life is a series of adventures, not one great one. here's where the energy of my Renaissance Soul lies at the moment...
Teaching English in Hanoi, Vietnam

December 8, 2009

a photo of my christmas tree...


...for no other reason than that I can, because my camera is FIXED! Hurrah. Courtesy of a backstreet camera stall in the Old Quarter, so I can now blog in full technicolour glory. Though Christmas is not a big holiday here, a few of the more kitschy items have made it to Hanoi. I resisted the urge to splurge on santa-shaped fairy light, instead settling for this modestly small tree.

Teaching continues to be both fun and tiring. I have got two other centres to teach at as well as my volunteering at the children's palace, and what with that and the Vietnamese lessons its a pretty full timetable. On sunday I took part in (i.e. watched) an English Singing Festival at the children's palace, involving 15 schools and around 1500 students were in attendanc. There was a whole day of songs and performances to be scored, and then prize-givings in the late afternoon. Video attached when I find the right lead.

On saturday night I was invited to a Hanoi Salsa club for some dancing. I was assured that they were 'basic' level, as am I (I thought) but they were considerable better than that, and I was most definitely NOT. Still good fun though, and I hope to go back soon.

SarahHeadsEast xx

No comments: