life is a series of adventures, not one great one. here's where the energy of my Renaissance Soul lies at the moment...
Teaching English in Hanoi, Vietnam

October 2, 2010

Chúc Mừng Hạnh Phúc

Happy October Everybody!

This morning I had one of those 'Strange the places...' moments when I found myself at a Vietnamese wedding! And what a fantastically surreal occasion it was too. I was so happy to be invited along to celebrate with the bride and groom (probably not called 'bride' and 'groom') Huyen and Phu.Many of the standard themes of western weddings were observed.....lots of people, lots of toasts, lots of food and lots of photographs!
And some not-so-standard themes, such as the rule that one could never take a photograph with only 3 people in it?!?! Maybe a superstition about future bachelordom or spinsterism?
Anyway here is a photograph of Huyen and Phu, who were All Smiles for the whole day, and myself and Ashton. Yes I am wearing an Ao Dai. I'm practically Hanoian now...

SarahHeadsEast xx

2 comments:

Jill said...

How fab you look in the Ao Dai. And did the happy couple have their pictures taken in the ethnology park? A lovely day and a privelege I envy. asI am on my way to work. Ho Hum....

Sarah said...

Yes...and the temple of literature too. a Happy Day this was. The Ao Dai was a birthday present. and I love it. xxxxxx