life is a series of adventures, not one great one. here's where the energy of my Renaissance Soul lies at the moment...
Teaching English in Hanoi, Vietnam

November 26, 2009

Shopping

You can buy anything in Hanoi. Including, it seems, an ipod charger, USB cable and headphones, which I neglected to bring with me from England. I discovered this technological error whilst trying to get some tunes set up for my journey to and from work at the Children's Palace. I mentioned this to a Vietnamese friend and within minutes I was sorted. And only for 250,000VND. Or £7.50. Bargain!

I've found a bus route that will drop me off near to the Children's Palace of an evening. And for only 3,000VND its a real bargain. The bus drivers deserve a medal I feel, since they have to manoevure the vehicles through the crazyness that is Hanoi traffic, with motorbike drivers chancing their luck all the way. What heroes! Unfortunately the service stops at 9pm, so for the foreseeable, its a nightime moto-ride, or a long walk home...

SarahHeadsEast xx

No comments: